Low Carb Tuna Stuffed Avocados (Paleo & Whole30)

These Tuna stuffed avocados are a delicious low-carb, keto, Whole30 and paleo-friendly lunch or snack recipe. A simple combination of tuna salad and avocados, they’re easy to make, loaded with healthy protein, healthy fats and will keep you satiated long after lunch is over.

Tuna stuffed avocados are my new favorite lunch recipe – and I think they’ll soon be yours. I’ve always been a fan of tuna salad but recently realized that I just don’t make it nearly as often as I used to. Because I don’t eat much gluten-free bread (and I used to eat tuna salad on sandwich bread), my old recipe inadvertently fell by the wayside.

But it’s time to resurrect it don’t you think? And what better way than to use avocados as the new delivery mechanism for the most delicious tuna salad recipe.


Ingredients:


  • 4 avocados
  • 2 (5 ounce) cans tuna (I prefer albacore tuna)
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 stalk of celery, diced
  • 2 tbsp red onion, diced
  • 1-2 tbsp chopped parsley, chives and/or other herbs
  • 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
  • salt and pepper, to taste


Instructions:


  1. Add the tuna, mayonnaise, diced celery, diced red onion, herbs, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper to a mixing bowl. Stir together until well combined.
  2. Slice the avocados in half and remove the seed. Dollop a few spoonfuls of tuna salad onto each avocado half.


NOTES:

  • You can definitely meal prep the tuna salad (will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge) and just slice the avocados daily as needed for lunch.
  • If serving these for a crowd, squirt fresh lemon juice on the avocado halves and rub it in. This will help to prevent discoloration and browning of the avocado.
  • I made this recipe as part of my What I Eat in a Day video. Watch that video for more healthy recipes ideas.

Source: downshiftology.com

0 Comments