Magical Cinnamon Sugar Waffles Vegan and Nut Free

There’s nothing like a stack of delicious egg free waffles to start your day! These cinnamon sugar waffles are light and fluffy, and perfect when topped with maple syrup!

So…our waffle iron broke recently. Which is understandable, seeing as it was at least 15 years old. :)

It didn’t completely break, but the last few times I used it, it was getting so hot even on the outside that I was afraid something was seriously wrong with it. The last thing I need is to start an electrical fire with a small appliance.

Once I knew it had to be replaced, then I was faced with a decision…did I want to make round waffles or rectangular waffles? This was a tough choice! ;) I eventually decided on rectangles, and I’m so happy with my new waffle iron.


You’ll Need:

  • 2 cups flour I used 1 1/2 cups white spelt flour, and a 1/2 cup whole spelt flour
  • 1 3/4 Tablespoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/3 cup organic cane sugar
  • 1 3/4 cup water
  • 6 Tablespoons vegan buttery spread melted, or the oil of your choice
  • 1 teaspoon vinegar

Instructions:


  1. Preheat the waffle iron.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the spelt flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and sugar.
  3. Add the melted vegan buttery spread, water, vinegar, and oil. Let the batter rise for about five minutes.
  4. Spoon the batter into the preheated waffle iron. Cook according to your waffle iron's instructions. It takes about five minutes for my waffle iron, yours may be different.
  5. Repeat with remaining batter.

0 Comments